- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Tougaloo College, Magna Cum Laude
- Master of Arts, Business Administration, Jackson State University
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Cum Laude
- Mississippi State Courts
- U.S. District Courts
- U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
Community & Professional Activities:
- Member, The Mississippi Bar Association
- Member, The Magnolia Bar Association
- Member, Metro Black Women Lawyers Association
- Past Member, Leadership Greater Jackson (2013-2014)
- Past Member, Charles Clark Inn of the American Inns of Courts
- Past Fellow, American Bar Association, Real Property Estates Trust Section
- Past Board Member, The Spencer Perkins Center for Reconciliation and Community Development
- “Down to the Wire” – 100 Days Before Trial, July 2016, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- “Estate Administration from Start to Finish”, July 2017, National Business Institute
Andrea’ R. Barnes is a native of Madison, Mississippi and is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in the State of Mississippi and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Andrea’ graduated magna cum laude from Tougaloo College where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. She received a Master of Business Administration from Jackson State University. She received her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Thurgood Marshall School of Law graduating cum laude and was a member of the James M. Douglas Board of Advocates.
Andrea’ primarily focuses her practice in the area of general civil litigation, including but not limited to, family law, bankruptcy law, automobile accidents, and social security disability. Since August 2013, Andrea’ has served Hinds County as an Assistant County Prosecutor where she handles criminal matters in City Court, County Court and Justice Court.
Andrea’ is actively engaged in her community. She served as an American Bar Association, Real Estate Trust Estates Fellow (2010-2012). She also served as an adjunct Professor in the Pre-Law Department at Tougaloo College and as a Judicial Law Clerk for Senior Judge Tomie T. Green, Hinds County Circuit Court.
Andrea’ resides in the metro Jackson area and is an active member of the Mississippi Bar Association, the Metro Jackson Black Women Lawyers Association, and the Magnolia Bar Association. Andrea’ currently serves as Associate Minister of Norman Chapel M.B. Church, Jackson, Mississippi where she attends with her son. She is the daughter of Reverend Holiness Barnes, Jr., and Betty Barnes of Madison, Mississippi.
In her spare time, Andrea’ enjoys spending quality time with her family, shopping and traveling.